Common printer problems are resolved by removing and uninstalling the HP Deskjet printer driver and then reinstalling it later. It may also be necessary to reinstall the software if you have incorrectly connected the printer to the computer before it asked you to. Uninstalling the software is easy if you follow the instructions on the screen.
How to Delete and Uninstall the HP Printer Deskjet driver software
- Step 1 – Click “Start” followed by “Control Panel”. In the “Control Panel” select “Add / Remove. Programs”.
- Step 2 – Look for the HP Deskjet All-in-One Driver Software in the list of available programs. Click the “Change / Remove” option.
- Step 3 – Follow the steps on the screen with your HP uninstall tool. It will verify that you want to completely uninstall the Deskjet software and driver.
- Step 4 – Turn off the HP printer if it is still connected to the computer and disconnect the printer’s USB connection on the computer.
- Step 5 – Open “Start” and in the search box type “print”.
- Step 6 – Click “Print Manager” in the new window that appears. Double-click the print servers option listed in the left pane.
- Step 7 – Right-click on the name of the computer in the list that appears and selects the “Properties” option. Navigate to the “Drivers” tab and find the correct HP product that you installed on your PC.
- Step 8 – To fully uninstall the driver package from your computer, choose the appropriate option between “Remove driver only” or “Remove driver and driver package”. Once you have made your selection, click on “OK” and the driver will be successfully removed.
- Step 9 – Restart your computer to allow the installation to finish. All remnants of HP Deskjet software should be removed.