How to Find a Printer’s IP Address
To set up a printer on a network and enable TCP/IP Port printing, it is crucial to know the IP address of the device. This knowledge is particularly helpful when troubleshooting network printers. If you’re looking to find the IP address of a network printer, such as an HP Printer, Canon Printer, Brother Printer, or Zebra Printer, follow the steps below.
Finding the Printer’s IP Address on Windows 10
- Open the Start menu and search for “Control Panel.”
- Click on “Control Panel” to open it.
- Select “Devices and Printers” from the menu.
- Choose the model of your printer from the list under “Printers and Faxes.”
- Right-click on the printer model and select “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Web Services” option. The IP address should be displayed at the bottom of the device dashboard and troubleshooting information.
Finding the Printer’s IP Address using Command Prompt (Windows)
- Open the Start menu and search for “Cmd” or “Command Prompt.”
- Click on “Command Prompt” to open it.
- Type “netstat -r” in the command line and press Enter.
- The printer’s IP address will be displayed.
Finding the Printer’s IP Address on Mac
- Open the Start menu and search for “Settings.”
- Click on “Settings” to open it.
- Select “System Preferences” from the upper-left corner.
- Click on “Print and Scan.” A window will open, displaying the installed printers on the left side.
- Choose the printer you want to find the IP address for by clicking on it. The details section on the right will show various information, including the IP address.
Finding the Printer’s IP Address using Menu Options
If your printer has a built-in screen with a navigation menu, you can access the network settings menu to find the IP address.
Finding the Printer’s IP Address using Printer Features
If you have access to the computer where the printer is installed, you can find the printer’s IP address by checking the computer settings. Follow these steps for Microsoft Windows:
- Go to Start > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer and select Printer Properties.
- Select Ports.
- Ensure that the printer port is checked. The IP address used by the printer is typically listed there.
Finding the Printer’s IP Address using the Router
Many routers provide an interface to find the IP address of network devices. In some cases, you may need the printer’s MAC address, which is usually located on a label on the back or bottom of the printer. Here’s how to find the IP address using the router:
- Access your router’s interface through a web browser.
- Look for an option like “Device List” or “Connected Devices.”
- Locate your printer in the list, and the associated IP address should be displayed.
Finding the Printer’s IP Address using Network Scan
As a last resort, you can perform a network scan using tools like Angry IP to find the printer’s IP address. This utility scans the range of IP addresses on the network and displays a list of devices, including printers.
By utilizing any of these methods, obtaining the IP address of your printer should be a straightforward process.