Brother, a large printer manufacturer, creates many different models using inkjet and laser printing methods. Brother also sells multifunctional, all-in-one printers that copy, scan, print, and fax. Installation depends on the model, but most follow these steps.
Steps To Install a Brother Printer
- Turn on your computer. Connect the printer’s USB cable to an available USB slot on your computer. Turn on the printer.
- Insert the installation CD. Some printers install automatically, but the CD contains software that will make it easier to use the printer. If you don’t have it, check the documentation to see what the CD contains.
- Install the software if you want or need to use all the functions of the printer. Follow the instructions on the CD on the screen.
- Insert the ink cartridges and paper. Each printer model uses different types of ink. Consult the Brother model-specific documentation to install the ink (see Resources).
- Check the printer installation by printing the test page. After installing the Brother printer, you can verify that it works correctly by printing a test page. Click on “Control Panel”, “Printers”, “Brother Model”, “Properties”, “Maintenance” and “Print Test Page”. If the test page fails, consult the documentation for troubleshooting recommendations.