How to Scan on Canon Printer: Step-by-Step Guide
Canon printers are known for their advanced technology and excellent quality. If you’re facing difficulties scanning on your Canon printer, follow these simple steps:
Ready to Scan on Canon Printer
Before starting the scanning process, ensure that you have completed the following preparations:
- Ensure that the Canon printer is properly connected to your computer.
- Turn on the printer.
- Open the scanner lid.
- Place the document face-down on the scanner glass.
- Close the lid of the scanner.
Steps to Scan on Canon Printer
Here’s a step-by-step guide to scanning on a Canon printer based on your operating system:
Scanning on Canon Printer to Windows 10
If you’re using a Windows 10 computer, follow these steps:
- Click on the Windows icon and type “Windows Fax and Scan” in the search bar.
- Open the “Windows Fax and Scan” application from the search results.
- Click on “New Scan” at the top right corner of the window.
- Locate your Canon printer model number on the window. If it’s not visible, click on “Change” and select your printer.
- Choose the document type you want to scan by selecting the appropriate option from the Profile drop-down box.
- Select the color format (color or black and white) for the scanned document.
- From the drop-down menu, select the desired file type (JPEG or PDF) for storing the scanned document on your computer.
- Customize additional features such as resolution if needed.
- Click on “Preview” to view a preview of the scanned document.
- Click on “Scan” at the bottom of the page to start scanning. If you want to access the document later, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu.
- Open File Explorer.
- Click on “Documents” on the left side of the window.
- Double-click on the “Scanned Documents” folder to access the scanned document.
Scanning on Canon Printer to Mac
For Mac users, follow these steps to scan on a Canon printer:
- Click on the Apple menu located at the top left corner of your screen.
- Select “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Printers & Scanners” on the right side of the page.
- Locate your Canon printer model and click on it.
- Select the “Scan” option on the window.
- In the Scan tab window, click on “Open Scanner.”
- Click on “Show Details” at the lower-right side of the window.
- Select the desired file type (JPEG or PDF) for storing the scanned file.
- Choose the color format (color or black and white) for the scanned document.
- Select a storage location where you want to save the file for easy access later.
- Customize additional options like resolution if necessary.
- Click on the “Scan” button to start scanning. Once the scanning is complete, you can locate the scanned file in the folder where you initially saved it.
If you require further assistance or clarification, don’t hesitate to reach out to the technical support team for help.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to scan documents effortlessly using your Canon printer.