Is your HP Printer Not Responding properly? You are having trouble using your HP printer for important tasks or other activities? Then you worry not. This issue is a quite common problem, which is also faced by many users while using the printing services, but also they solved the issue with the basic troubleshooting methods.
Why is HP Printer Not Responding: Reasons?
There might be several reasons that can be possible when your HP Printer Not Responding and only due to these reasons you are suffering from difficulty. These issues such as:
Ink tanks or Empty ink cartridges issue
- Paper jam error
- Compatibility error
- Paper alignment issue
- Printer configuration error
- Old drivers or software problem
- Printer spooler issue and many others
Effective Solutions to Fix HP Printer Not Responding Problem:
Follow the given mentioned simple and effective troubleshooting methods to solve the problem HP Printer is not responding or working.
Method 1: Check the Ink Cartridge Position.
The very first step you need to do is to check the HP printer ink cartridge, which may be one of the reasons that affect your printer not printing documents andHP Printer Not Responding. Then you should try to verify that your HP printer ink cartridge is properly set in its original position.
Method 2: Update Outdated HP Printer Drivers
Sometimes outdated or faulty printer drivers could too be the cause that your HP Printer is not responding correctly. So, to fix this difficulty, just update the printer drivers now.
- Go to the Windows device manager by using the command prompt.
- Then, go to the Print Queues section and then pick your HP Printer model.
- Afterward, just right-click on your HP printer model and then select the option Update Drivers.
Method 3: Power off your HP Printer
Also, another method is to fix this issue of HP Printer Not Responding by simply trying to power off your HP printer for a few seconds and then power on it.
- Firstly, you will have to disconnect all the power cables between your HP printer and PC/Laptop.
- Then disconnect the power source from the main wall plug outlet.
- Next, wait for 30-40 seconds. Then re-connect all the power cables to the wall plug outlet.
- Then, connect all the power cords to the HP printer.
- After that, this technique will manually shut down and then again reestablishes the HP printer’s all functionalities.
- Then turn off your printer and then again start it. It will fix the issue surely.
Method 4: Verify HP Printer Manually
- Go to the HP Printer Start menu and then there choose the Settings menu.
- Afterward, choose the Device option.
- Then tick & choose the Printers and Scanners option.
- Then a pop-up window will appear and display, so choose the Printer Online Status underneath the drop-down list.
Method 5: Restart Device and Printer
In case, still if your HP Printer Not Responding, then it’s recommended you try to restart your device is it a Computer or Laptop as well as an HP printer. It will solve every HP printer issue or error. After that try to print a test page to validate that your HP is working well and all things are fine.